When we moved, we donated about half our stuff to charity or directly to folks who had a need of which we knew. Just about everything we had had to pass a cost-to-store vs cost-to-replace test. A few pieces, the charities wouldn’t touch [can you believe they’d turn down a stationary bike, treadmill, and modern grandfather clock?]. For these, we reluctantly called 1-800 GOT JUNK.
- The phone staff was top-notch.
- The pick up team called before arriving (on schedule).
- They showed up on time.
- They wore boot protectors.
- They offered to move items they were not collecting!
- They were careful of the property and very friendly. They seemed happy with their work.
- They told us they would try to donate the items through their channels and would notify us if they were successful.
- Two weeks after they left, we got a letter that they had successfully made a donation in our name!
- …and the price was right.