We can’t recommend the Double Tree Hotel or its attached restaurant in Rocky Mount, NC any longer.
- I ordered reisling and they brought a cabernet and an excuse.
- Janet ordered a margarita it came with sugar on the rim and an excuse.
- I ordered a half carafe and out came a glass and an excuse.
- I ordered blackened shrimp on my salad. It came without it and an excuse.
- I ordered dressing on the salad, it came on the side with an…
- And the cesar salad was pretty much lawn trimmings.
The ( second night*) waitress said, “I’m not going to ask about dessert because you’ve already had so much to eat” — we’d had cheese dip and salads for dinner.
On check-in, I asked that the room be paid for with points instead of cash. The person at the front desk said, “Yes sir, I’ll take care of that. ”
When I picked up the folio it had not been done. I was informed they couldn’t do it (by a different clerk).
The employee who said she would take care of it has been there at least since our first stay in 2008.
There’s plenty of competition out there and no need to put up with this.
*This was a trip to deliver our Toyota from Saint Augustine, Florida to Maryland. We stayed here going up and coming back to keep driving distances manageable.