In ninety days, we head south. This is the cascading consequence events since this time last year.
Lest anyone think we are relaxing… In addition to social commitments and medical appointments we have the following on our plate.
- Convert the staysail to roller furling
- Replace 120 feet of seven year old anchor chain with 175 feet of new
- Replace the under-performing Delta anchor with a new SPADE anchor
- Fix a leaking port
- Find the water system leak or refix the one we found
- Consider a whisker pole
- Evaluate and decide on our satellite communications options
- Repair the genset — again
- Figure out why the outboard won’t idle properly
- Add planing fins to the outboard — too much thrust is going to bubbles
- Make a dinghy cover, and other misc canvas work
- Make a bag for the new inflatable kayak and decide on whether to add a second
- Waterproof the canvas
- Clean and wax the topsides
- Rethink our stowage arrangements — we took too much of the wrong stuff and the right stuff was too hard to get to
Do some fall sailing here on the Bay, and all the routine maintenance…
And in the midst of this perhaps we will run up to Maine for a week, perhaps not. Heat Index today = 91 deg F — Better than 115 on Sunday, but still not conducive to outdoor work.